Monday, February 21, 2011

Hobby Searching Day two

So after my first post I crawled into bed and fell asleep very quickly. It was so wonderful getting some of those anxious  thoughts out. I then thought "Oh Crap I hope I didn't make a really bad decision by putting myself out there for everyone to see and judge"! Oh well. I felt so wonderful after writing the  first post I cant make any excuses not to keep going.

I have been fighting a small cold for a week now so when I woke up yesterday morning with a headache I popped some Tylenol drank some coffee while the little shorties eat their CoCo Roos. Did anyone else realize that February 19 is still considered winter.... what the Flagnon! That Groundhog has lost his powers of weather detection. It was 28 degrees with snow flurries. So I held to my Blog promise and I headed to my Moms to drop of my little kiddos. I hung out with my Brother for a little while and then while they went to Church I headed to Sportsman's in Twin for a Fly pole.

So the closer to the store I got the more excited I got. I was prepared for fishing I had my rubber toed snow shoes on, four shirts, cloves, hat, and coats. And yes I wore them all into Sportsmans, I looked like a bonafide redneck loose in sportsman heaven. The only thing missing was the copenhagen in my wrangler back pocket and nothing I was wearing was camouflage.

So I walked back to the fishing gear with authority... I was on a mission and wanted to look like I had knew exactly what I was looking for. Then I realized something while looking over HUNDREDS of different types of fishing poles.....I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't freeze I continued "pretending" I knew what I was doing and picked out a pole with a reel and some special line and then your need fly's right???... But where are they? Oh no now I am like a wounded gazelle the Manly salespersons move in quickly when you flounder. So I had to ask in my most, I know what I am doing voice, "Where are your flies?"
"What kind do you want?" The Very Manly Salesperson asked.
Oh crap their is more than one kind! I'm doomed. So I smile and say " Please help me I used to fly fish as a kid and I really would like to get back into it again, could you please help me?" I spoke so fast I was surprised he caught it and didn't run away from the panic in my voice. I didn't cry even though I really wanted to. The tough guy talk and rubber boots just didn't do it for me I caved.

So once I picked out my flies and got all my special stuff put together I proudly walked up to the front to pay for my new toys and buy a fishing license. This little test is an expensive hobby, but will be worth the effort.

I headed down into an area of the canyon where I was hoping this wonderful Blizzard had been muted with no luck. So I headed home to pick up the kids and get some rest for the upcoming week of work. I have  the right tools now I can just carry them around with me regardless if weather permits.

So my Hobby box is still pending "Fishing" but there is always next weekend. I am just excited for the coarse of action I am already taking. I feel more independent and freeing just taking the opportunities for myself.

I have to work on some resumes this week besides my day to day work so I think that if the weather is pleasant I may test out some springs in the warmer Hagerman area. I am really looking forward to the quiet and stillness of just being. I miss calm quiet where your thoughts are the loudest thing around. Where you can just get lost in the surroundings.

Once again wish me luck and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment